1 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, white part only, washed and finely sliced
4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
1/2 cup sage leaves, finely sliced
800g butternut pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped into 5cm dice
1.5L homemade chicken stock, (a low sodium store-bought organic stock is also fine)
4 bay leaves
1 Tbsp turmeric
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Salt & pepper
Toasted pumpkin seeds, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pot on a medium-high heat.
2. Add the leek, celery, garlic and sage. Cook, stirring constantly for 4-5 mins until translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the pumpkin, cooking for a further 5 minutes until slightly softened.
4. Pour in the stock, bay, turmeric and nutmeg and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25 mins, until the pumpkin is soft and mushy.
5. Remove from heat and use a stick blender to purée until super smooth.
6. Season well with salt and pepper then serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.