Makes 16 balls
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
12 fresh Medjool dates
200g grated carrot
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated or minced (you can also supplement with 1/4 tsp powdered ginger)
30g True Protein WPI90 French Vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/3 cup moist coconut flakes
30g desiccated coconut, for rolling
1. Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until crumbled, set aside.
2. Using a heat-proof bowl, soak the dates in boiling water for 15 minutes to soften. Drain then remove the pits and place the dates in a food processor. Add 1 tbsp boiling water and blend until you get a smooth paste.
3. Place the carrots and ginger in a mixing bowl then add the date mixture and stir until combined.
4. Add the WPI90 Protein Powder, half at a time, taking your time to mix so that the batter is smooth.
5. Fold in the walnuts, cinnamon and coconut flakes.
6. Form the mix into 30g balls with your hands then roll evenly in the desiccated coconut and place on a tray or plate lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 4 hours to set.
7. Once set, place into an airtight container and store in the fridge. These will keep for up to 1 week.