Insight to Cacao Powder
You may have heard that dark chocolate is healthy? This is true, the reason being that dark chocolate contains up to 85% of cacao powder. Knowing what we are putting into our bodies is important and cacao has great benefits to offer to your inner health such as, high levels of Antioxidants, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc , Potassium ,Vitamins E, B2, B1, B5, B3, and B9. Two squares of dark chocolate a day with a well-balanced diet can be beneficial to your health.
Top 6 Health Benefits
Cacao has been tested and proven to improve brain and heart health. Cacao can reduce stress and increase your immune system health. People with high blood pressure have been able to manage their blood pressure better by introducing cacao into their diet. Cacao also helps avoid blood clots and improve blood to flow. Cacao can improve insulin sensitivity for those who suffer from insulin resistance or insulin problems.
Top 6 Fitness Benefits
Cacao has the ability to help improve your fitness performance. If you are looking to better your cardiovascular system then you want to start with including cacao in your daily diet. Cacao has the ability to reduce pressure on your cardiovascular system, therefore improving your performance when running or walking with more ease. Cacao helps boost energy levels, burns fat, and can help with weight loss. Cacao betters your muscle and nerve functions because it contains high levels of magnesium. Probably the best fact about cacao is that it stimulates your brain to release a chemical that makes you feel happy! It is a mood enhancer, isn’t that just great!
We have a great healthy recipe here for you to introduce Cacao powder into your diet!
Raw Cacao Fudge Recipe
Recipe by Amy Barret @chocdaisy
• 250g organic desiccated coconut
• 3/4 cup True Raw Cacao Powder
• 1/2 cup rice malt
• 1 tbsp True Pea Protein Isolate (Pisane) Vanilla
• Pinch Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder
• 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Powder
• Place the coconut into a food processor or a high powered blender.
• Blend until it starts to break down but still chunky. This usually takes a couple of minutes.
• Add the other ingredients and blend to combine.
• Press into a rectangle tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes, any longer and gets a bit hard to cut.
• Store in fridge for up to a week…it won’t last long!