Makes 8 large cookies
Prep time: 30 mins + 30 mins chill time
Macros per cookie:
Fat - 14.1g
Carbohydrates - 43.1g
Protein - 4.4g
½ C 25% less fat butter
¾ C coconut sugar
¾ C dark chocolate
1 ½ C gluten free plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg, whisked
1. Using electric beaters or a stand mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until combined.
2. Add the choc chips and whisk until mixed through.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and collagen and whisk until just combined.
4. Add the beaten egg and mix again.
5. Divide the cookie dough into 8 equal portions (2 tbsp amount) and place on a piece of baking paper.
6. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 160’C.
7. Once the dough has chilled, roll the mixture into a ball and flatten each one with your hand.
8. Place them in the oven for 14-16 minutes. If you like a crackled cookie, take the cookies out of the oven halfway through the baking time and carefully press down on each cookie to flatten/create some cracks.
9. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!