Makes 1 large bowl
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: nil
Have a few cans of chickpeas lying around? You’ve got hummus! A few extra things (which you most likely have) and you have a delicious and healthy dip for snacking, sharing, or utilizing in many amazing meal ideas. And its Vegan too!
2 cans of chickpeas in brine, drained and rinsed
2 scoops True Protein Beetroot powder
1 tbsp hulled tahini paste
2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (any vinegar will do but sherry vinegar has an amazing flavor)
½ lemon juiced
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
S + P to taste
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil and fresh chopped chives to garnish
1. In a food processor, add all of your ingredients and pulse until combined.
2. Stop mixer, scrape down the sides with a spatula, replace lid, then blend on high for 3-4 mins until smooth and creamy.
3. Add in more water as needed to reach desired creamy consistency.
4. Garnish with olive oil and chives.
5. Serve with fresh vegetables, gluten-free crackers, falafels, whatever you like!