Makes 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
This is a fantastic recipe for using up those extra old, spotty bananas and turning them into a protein-rich treat that’s gluten-free, refined sugar-free and can even be vegan if you like!
1 scoop True Protein Vegan 85 (I used rich chocolate)
¾ cup Teff flour
1 GF plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp each True Cinnamon, ground nutmeg, allspice
2 tsp chia seeds
¼ cup coconut flakes
60 g coconut sugar (optional)
2 large extra ripe spotty bananas
1 Tbsp True Protein MCT oil
200ml Almond milk
50ml Maple syrup
2 whole eggs (to make vegan use egg replacer)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160deg Celsius on fan bake and line a loaf tin with baking paper
2. In a large bowl add in all of your dry ingredients, mixing well.
3. In a separate bowl add in your wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and gently pour in your wet ingredients.
5. Mix slowly and combine well, once combined, leave to rest for 5 minutes to relax.
6. Pour batter into your lined Loaf tin and place in the center of the oven, cooking for 45 mins to an hour.
7. Your loaf is done when a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.