I am a 35 year old male, vegetarian, working out 5 days a week and playing volleyball twice a week for 2 hours on average. I weigh around 93kg and with this meal prep I maintain roughly a 10 to 12% body fat level. I also allow myself to eat whatever meal I feel like twice a week, especially around leg day and back day.
Meal Prep Breakdown
Hardboiled Eggs/Egg Whites
True Protein WPI90, Banana and Mixed Nuts
Baked Tofu with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
Meatless Meatballs with Brown Rice Pasta and Mixed Veggies
Lettuce, Spinach, Cucumbers, Carrots, Peppers, Tomatoes, Black Beans, Hummus (not shown) for Salads
Lemons and Limes for Water Flavor
Strawberries and Grapes
As a vegetarian I do not count my calories or track my macros, I just eat and listen to what my body is telling me. My only real goal is to be close to 200g of complete protein on average per day.
1 package (2.5 cups) of Meatless Crumble (I used Pea Isolate Protein Meatless product)
8 oz spinach – blanched and drained and chopped
1 cup vital wheat gluten
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 onion – minced
1 Tbsp garlic – minced
3 Tbsp tomato paste
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup tomato sauce
1 Tbsp chopped basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chopped rosemary
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Sauté minced onion for about 5 minutes over low heat
2. Add spices and garlic to onion and simmer for couple more minutes
3. Add to meatless crumble
4. Add spinach and cooked quinoa
5. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste
6. In a bowl mix gluten, flour, nutritional yeast.
7. Mix together meatless ground mix and dry mix, mix well
8. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop and rolling between your hands make 1" (2 cm) balls
9. Bake at 175ºC for 10 minutes, turn and bake 10 more minutes.
550g sweet potatoes (amount depending on your serving size multiplied by the number of meals to be prepped)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp of smoked paprika, black pepper, red crushed pepper, sea salt mixture
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius).
2. Cut sweet potatoes cut lengthwise into home fries like 3/4 inch thick.
3. In a large bowl toss the fries in oil and spices. I prefer to use smoked paprika, black pepper and few flakes of red crushed pepper.
4. Lay on baking sheet layered with baking foil and bake for about 30 to 40 depending on how thick you cut them until done.
Baked Tofu (Barbeque optional)
400g Extra Firm Tofu
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Barbeque Sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 205ºC.
2. Drain and pat dry tofu.
3. Cut in roughly 2cm cubes.
4. Place tofu cues on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
6. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Take out place in a large bowl, add barbeque sauce and toss well to coat all tofu with the sauce.
8. Place it back on the baking sheet and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.