Struggling to find inspiration for your meal prep? @MarekFitness brings you some fantastic fresh new ideas!
Here is an example of an omnivore food diary that would apply to someone whose caloric needs are in the area of 1299 kCal / 5435 kJ with roughly 20% Carbs / 38% Fat / 42% Protein. This macronutrient distribution profile would usually fall into the weight maintenance category.
Macronutrient Distribution Profile
1299 kCal / 5435 kJ
Food Diary Breakdown
3 bacon capsicum egg muffins
3 stalks celery
2 tbsp almond butter
Crock-pot salsa chicken
Turmeric kale cauliflower
Strawberry cheesecake smoothie
1 ½ tbsp cream cheese (frozen)
1 cup almond ilk
1 scoop True Protein WPI90 strawberry and cream flavour
Mango salsa meatballs with parmesan
Pesto basil zoodles
Shopping List (4 day prep)
Veggies and Fruits
1 large bag of kale
1 large head of cauliflower
4 large zucchini
4 coloured capsicums
1 bag of celery
1 box of strawberries
Dairy, Meats, Grains and Other
2 litres of unsweetened almond vanilla milk
570g chicken breast
570g '93/7' ground turkey (93% fat free)
2 dozen eggs
1 large jar of your favorite salsa
True Protein WPI90 Whey Protein
Extra virgin olive oil
Spices such as salt, pepper, paprika, etc.
Crock-pot Salsa Chicken
570g skinless chicken breast
3 cups of your favorite salsa
1 tsp of black pepper, paprika, sea salt to taste
1. Clean, trim and pat dry the chicken
2. Place chicken in a crock-pot
3. Cover with salsa and toss around coat chicken evenly
4. Cover and cook for 4 hours on High or 7 hours on Low
5. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed
Pesto Basil Zoodles
4 large zucchini
4 tsp of basil pesto
1. Clean, trim and spiralizer your zucchini.
2. Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil.
3. Blanch zucchini for 60 seconds.
4. Place in a strainer, shock with cold water, rinse and drain.
5. In a large bowl combine zucchini and basil pesto, and mix well.
Bacon Capsicum Egg Muffins
6 whole eggs
12 egg whites
1 cup diced coloured capsicum
4 slices of turkey bacon cut in 1 ½ cm pieces)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Mix eggs and egg whites with spices.
3. Spray muffin tins with olive oil.
4. Evenly distribute bacon and pepper to each muffin pan hole.
5. Pour egg mixture evenly throughout (not all the way to the top).
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the eggs are set.
Turmeric Kale Cauliflower Rice
½ diced onion
1 large head cauliflower
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups kale (stems removed and cut into roughly 2-3 cm pieces)
1 Tbsp turmeric
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Wash and dry cauliflower, remove all greens and cut into few even sections (like 4).
2. Use grater (medium sized holes) or a food to grate the cauliflower into rice, leaving the stems out.
3. Place in paper towel and squeeze the water out if the grated batch.
4. In a large pan sauté your dices onion on oil until gold, add cauliflower and cook cauliflower for about 5 minutes covered mixing occasionally.
5. Add spices and kale, mix well and cook until kale wilts and softens to your desired preference.
Mango Salsa Meatballs
Check out this meal prep for the recipe!