Master the art of meal prepping with @marekfitness.
- Here is a one-day example of a low-calorie vegan diet
Food Diary Breakdown
Oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes
Hummus and mini peppers
Nut and seed snacks
Vegan85 Protein shake
Lemon bok choy
Oatmeal Banana Protein Pancakes (2 servings)
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free oats
1 scoop True Protein Vegan85 French Vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp dairy-free dark chocolate chips
1. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of batter (per pancake) in a non-stick pan or griddle and cook on both sides.
Lentil Linguine (4 servings)
230g (dry weight) cooked red lentil linguine
2 cups steamed green lentils
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1.5 tbsp yeast seasoning
2 cups organic low sodium tomato and herb pasta sauce
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Transfer to a plate and top each serving with fresh coriander, if desired.
Lemon & Garlic Bok Choy (4 servings)
570g baby bok choy
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Pinch Himalayan pink salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
1. Clean, rinse, drain and cut the heads of the bok choy in half.
2. In a large pan, heat up the oil then add the garlic and cook until golden.
3. Add the bok choy to the pan, cut-side down.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 mins until the bottom begins to brown.
5. Flip the bok choy over then cook for another 2-3 mins, or until the leaves are wilted.
6. Transfer to a plate and top with the lemon juice and some of the oil from the pan.
Barbecue Seared Tofu (4 servings)
570g extra firm tofu
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 205°C. Drain and pat dry the tofu.
3. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Place on a lined baking tray.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tofu and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
7. Remove from the oven and coat with barbecue sauce.
8. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and sear each edge of the tofu until the barbecue sauce caramelises a little. Serve with the lemon and garlic bok choy.