8 egg whites
2 whole eggs
2 tsp coconut oil
4 green onions, chopped
1/8 red onion, chopped
120g spinach, chopped
Salt & pepper, for seasoning
1. Pour the coconut oil into your non-stick frying pan. Turn heat to medium.
2. Once coconut oil has melted and spread, wash the spinach and add to frying pan with the onion.
3. Cook until spinach starts to wilt and the green onion starts to brown.
4. Once cooked, remove the onion and spinach and place on a separate plate.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites.
6. Before adding the eggs to the frying pan, add more coconut oil the to pan if needed.
7. Add egg whites to the pan and cook for approx. 4 minutes.
8. Place the spinach and onions over half the omelette.
9. Add salt and pepper, and any other herbs or spices for seasoning.
10. Cook until egg base is golden and fold omelette over.
11. Let sit on a low heat to cook through for approx. 2 more minutes.
12. Ready to serve.