A quick and easy breakfast when you are looking to for a high protein and low carb alternative to start the day.
Spinach and Onion Omelette
• 8 egg whites
• 2 whole eggs
• 2 Tsp Coconut oil
• 4 green onions, fresh & chopped
• 1/8 red onion, fresh & chopped
• 120g spinach, fresh & chopped
• salt & pepper for seasoning, to taste, or any other herbs for personal taste
1. Pour the coconut oil on your non-stick frying pan. Turn heat to medium.
2. Once coconut oil has melted and spread, wash the spinach and onions, and add to frying pan.
3. Cook until spinach starts to wilt and the green onion starts to brown.
4. Once cooked, removed onion and spinach and place on separate plate.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites.
6. Before adding the egg s and egg whites to frying pan, add more coconut oil to pan if needed.
7. Add egg whites to the pan and cook for approx. 4 minutes.
8. Place the spinach and onions over half the omelette.
9. Add salt and pepper, and any other herbs or spices for seasoning.
10. Cook until egg base is golden and fold omelette over.
11. Let sit on a low heat to cook through for approx. 2 more minutes.
12. Ready to serve.