1 cup cashew nuts, toasted
1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
1 cup organic coconut flakes, toasted
3/4 cup rice malt syrup
10 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
Peanut caramel filling:
15 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
1 scoop True Protein Peanut Butter, mixed with 2 tbsp water
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pinch pink salt
1/2 cup toasted peanuts
Chocolate caramel topping:
1/3 cup True Protein Cacao Powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup toasted peanuts roughly chopped
1. Prepare a 20x20cm square cake tin by lightly spraying with coconut oil and then lining bottom and sides with baking paper.
2. To make the base layer, in a powerful food processor, add in your True Protein WPI90, cashews, macadamias, coconut flakes, rice malt syrup and dates. Pulse generously to combine until you achieve a lovely, sticky mixture.
3. Transfer to your cake tin and spread evenly to the edges, pressing down lightly with the bottom of a glass to compact it all, placing in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
4. For your filling, into the food processor (ensuring the bowl is of course cleaned) add your dates, True Protein Peanut Butter Powder mix, rice malt, vanilla bean, salt and blend until smooth.
5. Add peanuts and pulse until mixed through but not chopped too fine.
6. Dollop mixture evenly into your base tin and spread out to the sides and level. Place in fridge for another hour to set well.
7. Finally for the topping, in s small pan, add your True Protein Cacao Powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and melt over a medium heat until just combined.
8. Spread out evenly onto your cake, making some nice ripples with a spatula from left to right on the top for decoration. Sprinkle over your toasted peanuts then place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
9. Once ready to serve, leave at room temperature for 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt flakes, then slice and eat up!