Here is an example of an omnivore food diary for someone whose caloric needs are around
1400 kCal / 5860 kJ with approximately 40% Protein / 30% Carbs/ 30% Fat macronutrient profile.
1400 kCal / 5860 kJ
Food Diary Breakdown
1.5 cups spinach
1 scoop of True Protein WPI90
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 tsp cinnamon
200g rotisserie chicken leg quarter (no skin)
1.5 cups steamed cauliflower
1.5 cups roasted asparagus
2 cups watermelon
170g herb and garlic salmon
1 cup capsicum, diced
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup baby cucumber
Lemon juice, to serve
Broiled Herb and Garlic Salmon (makes 4 servings)
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp herb and garlic spice blend
1. Turn the oven to high broil.
2. Pat the fish dry and cut into 170g pieces.
3. Using a brush, gently apply the coconut oil to the fish.
4. Place the fish on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with the herb and garlic seasoning.
5. Broil for 5 minutes. Serve with colourful salad.
Roasted Asparagus (makes 4 servings)
6 cups asparagus
Seasoning of your choosing
1.5 tbsp coconut oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
2. Wash and cut the woody ends off the asparagus.
3. In a large bowl, add the asparagus, chosen seasoning and oil, and mix well.
4. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet.
5. Roast for approx. 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.