These delicious lemon and coconut protein balls are sure to be a hit. Just make sure you make enough - they never last long in my house!
Ingredients – Lemon and Coconut
Makes around 20 balls
2 cups cashews
1 cup desiccated coconut
½ cup or 2 scoops of True Protein French Vanilla WPI
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
20 medjool dates, pitted
½ cup desiccated coconut to roll
1. Add the nuts, coconut, protein powder and lemon zest to a high speed large blender and blend until finely chopped and resembles more of a powdery crumb rather than chopped nuts.
2. Add the dates in slowly, blend and blend until the mixture forms a dough. If it’s not coming together you can add a few drops of the lemon juice. Be patient and try not to overload your blender.
3. Taste and allow to cool if the mixture is warm.
4. Using an icecream scoop, scoop out a dollop of the protein ball mixture and roll into a ball.
5. Roll in the desiccated coconut and pop back in the fridge to harden.
6. These will keep for up to 4 weeks in the fridge but are guaranteed not to last more than 4 days!