Right, so you know that True Organic Chia Seeds are a superfood but you are not quite sure how to introduce them into your diet. Let’s face it trying to chow down on a spoonful on their own is not going to be much fun, trust us we tried it. We ended up with them stuck to the roof of our mouths, so here are some better ideas.
You can pretty much add Chia Seeds to anything, including your True Whey Protein shakes.
Chiadazzle your yoghurt by sprinkling some on top, adding your favourite fruit to jazz things up. You can also include Chia Seeds a top your morning porridge, Granola or cereal.
If you like to make your own Muesli or Granola bars then pop some Chia Seeds in to give yourself a superfood boost. You can even add it to your dough mix if you make your own bread.
Chia seeds can also be used instead of bread crumbs, that’s one way to razzle up your rissoles. Add some Chia seeds to your soup to help keep you fuller for longer.
A good rule of thumb is 3 tablespoons of Chia seeds to 1 cup of liquid. A really cool trick is to use Chia seeds as an egg substitute, 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons of water, once rested will form a gel which is equivalent to 1 egg.
This is just the beginning of your love for True Organic Chia Seeds.
- Flowering plant in the mint family
- Native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala
- Was a staple food of the Mayans and Aztecs thousands of years ago
- Absorb up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked
- When soaked develops a mucilaginous gel-like coating
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in fibre and antioxidants
- Contain essential minerals such as calcium and iron
- 20% protein and contains all the essential amino acids