Makes 1 loaf
4 medium ripe bananas, 3 to be blended, 1 sliced down the middle into 2 pieces
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
8 dates, pitted and soaked, drained and then blended into a paste
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups True Protein Instant Oats
1/4 cup walnuts, broken
8 dates, pitted and diced
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Add all of the wet ingredients to a blender or Nutri-bullet, the bananas, eggs, date paste, vanilla and coconut oil. Blend quickly until blended but not over-whipped.
3. Sift over the oat flour, baking soda and powder and fold through until combined.
4. Stir through the walnuts and chopped dates and pour the mixture until your loaf tin. Level out the mixture and top with the sliced banana.
5. Place in the centre of the heated oven and cook for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, place foil over the top and bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, remove the foil and put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes uncovered.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to rest until warm, then you can remove it from the pan and slice it with a thin sharp knife.
8. Enjoy warm or cold, alone or topped with any of the delicious goodies suggested above!