Now know, that whenever I make these they usually sell out within 12 hours so don’t expect them to last long in your house! A true ‘Protein Ball’ must contain protein, so for these I add True Protein Vanilla WPI, not only does it add sweetness and chewiness, it also adds a protein punch making it a great mid-morning snack or a post workout fix!
Makes around 20 balls
½ jar peanut butter
2 cups mixed nuts or almonds
½ cup or 2 scoops of True Protein French Vanilla WPI90
20 medjool dates, pitted
100g 70-85% dark chocolate
50g crushed peanuts
1. Line a baking tray with paper, dollop the peanut butter onto the baking tray in small 5 cent piece blobs, pop into the freezer to harden. Do 20 of these.
2. Add the nuts and the protein powder to a high speed large blender and blend until finely chopped and resembles more of a powdery crumb rather than chopped nuts.
3. Add the dates in slowly, blend and blend until the mixture forms a dough. If it’s not coming together you can add a few drops of water. Be patient and try not to overload your blender.
4. Taste and allow to cool if the mixture is warm.
5. Remove the peanut butter from the freezer. Using an icecream scoop, scoop out a dollop of the protein ball mixture, flatten it out in your hand and place a peanut butter blob inside. Wrap the mixture around the peanut butter and roll into a ball. Work fast and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
6. Melt the chocolate carefully in the microwave or using the double broiler method, dip the balls into the chocolate one at a time and then dip into the crushed
7. These will keep for up to 4 weeks in the fridge but are guaranteed not to last more than 4 days!