Christie has been a world-class athlete in 3 different sports. She was a 12-time Australian Trampoline Champion and ranked top ten in the world. She won the Pacific Regionals and went on to compete at the CrossFit Games® as part of team CrossFit Athletic® before returning to the Regionals as an individual competitor the following year. And she is now the number one ranked beach volleyball player in Australia and competes on the World Tour. Christie is also a motivational speaker working with both corporate, school and athlete audiences.
How often do you train?
9 sand sessions a week, 2 gym sessions, and 2 recovery sessions. All up about 25 hours per week. Plus all the mental preparation that goes into a sport as well - visualisation, meditation, education and scouting opponents.
How do you take your supplements?
I take protein for recovery after heavy training sessions, and I make this delicious chocolate protein smoothie for breakfast every morning (it satisfies my addiction to chocolate!) Here’s the recipe:
1 small avocado
1/2 a banana
1 scoop of True Protein chocolate powder (or a little more if you love chocolate as much as me…)
1 teaspoon True Maca powder
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
What's your favourite supplement?
WPI 90 chocolate protein powder (is there any flavour worth mentioning beyond chocolate?!)
- Number one ranked player in Australia
- Top ten finishes at multiple World Tour Events
- 1st at the Pacific Regionals as part of team CrossFit Athletic
- 11th at the CrossFit Games as part of team CrossFit Athletic
- 11th at the Pacific Regionals as an individual
- Training partner of Sammy Wood!
- 12 time Australian Champion, including setting records for highest difficulty skills done by an Australian female
- Bronze at the Youth Olympics
- Ranked in the top 10 in the world