What could possibly be better than regular muffins? Protein muffins! This recipe has been worked on to make sure the muffins are dense - to curb those sweet cravings - as well as moist and tasty.
For extra flavour or 'icing' once baked, try one of these suggested toppings:
- Top with ricotta cheese & berries
- Drizzle with honey & peanut butter
- Dust with extra cinnamon.
1 1/2 cups mixed Coconut Flour and Almond Meal
2 tsp organic raw honey
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 Egg Whites
3 Bananas (ripe and mashed)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (I use frozen fresh ones burn or turn very soggy)
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 cup apple sauce (sugar free)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 scoop True Protein powder in French Vanilla flavour
1 cup chopped nuts (I choose macadamias, sunflower seeds and walnuts)
- In large bowl or mixer, mash up bananas then slowly add in rest of ingredients. Blueberries should be the last ingredient to add- slowly fold these in so as to not mash them.
- Press mixture into muffin tins. You can lightly brush coconut oil into the tins so they are easy to remove once baked.
- Place into preheated oven 180 degrees for approx 20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Thank you to Eva for this recipe. You can follow her on Instagram @EatLiftGlow